Vijay Sangam is a Logistics and Supply Chain Professional with more than three decades of experience operating in Asia Pacific Region. His expertise lies in identifying opportunities to save costs; optimize resources; reduce lead time to market (B2C & B2B) through distribution network optimization and re-engineering logistics and supply chain business processes to support top line revenue growth and managing end to end Supply Chain & Logistics Operations. He is known as Change Agent and effective people leader. He developed unique skills in coaching the teams and transforming them into a cohesive team capable of delivering and exceeding targeted business outcomes. He managed large projects in optimizing supply chain resulting cost savings, reducing lead time and delivering consistent outcomes within identified timeline. His demonstrated leadership in all critical facets of supply chain addressing potential business risks in the areas of People, Quality, Velocity and Cost. He handled Logistics and Supply Chain Operations under pull and push environment and managed S&OP (demand management) process effectively which resulted in total customer satisfaction. His procurement strategies targeted reducing cost, improving supplier collaboration and enhancing velocity. His inventory optimization strategies were second to none, managing variety of projects saved millions of dollars in inventory carrying costs.
1. Optimization of Japan end-to-end supply chain optimization resulted in an annual cost savings of $ 7.00 M;
2. Developed and implemented Supply Network Optimization (> US $7.5 M) and reduction in lead time by 30%.
3. Implemented agile supply chain resulting cost reduction up to US $ 7 M and lead time reduction > 35%.
4. Optimized India Distribution network resulting in a cost savings of $ 1.5 M;
5. Inventory Optimization resulted in over US $ 50 Million inventory reduction in 12 months’ time.
6. Successfully implemented Oracle D2B ERP System (warehousing and distribution).
1. Winner of LENOVO President Star Award (December 2007).
2. Individual Award winner for Operational Efficiency at LENOVO Annual Recognition Event, China, April 2008.
3. Winner of Long Term Incentive Award (June 2008).